Life Time Talks - Training
Episode #68 -Tom Purvis - The responsiblity of the exercise professional
Jun 09, 2021
Join biomechanics expert and trainer to the trainer Tom Purvis and Jason Stella discuss.....
- The 5 questions all people/exercise professionals need to ask themselves when creating an exercise.
- His thoughts on traditional biomechanics taught in most text books and the concept of Functional Biomechanics (what happens when the foot hits the ground)
- How to differentiate your training experience to increase value of your in-person session.
- The concept of the Functional / Exercise Continuum
- Machine Training…The misconceptions and how they influence performance
- Explanation of Shear and how many trainers, Physical therapist and Doc’s throw the word out without understanding the concept.
- The importance of continuing education in becoming a successful health & fitness professional.
To learn more from Tom go to www.exerciseprofessional.com and / or https://www.resistancetrainingspecialist.com